- Former CBI Chief Alok Verma resigns after refusing to take charge as DG Fire Services Times Now
- Section Cited by Rakesh Asthana to Challenge Arrest Only Applies to 'Honest' Officers, Says Delhi HC News18
- Delhi High Court dismisses CBI special director Rakesh Asthana`s plea seeking quashing of FIR against him Zee News
- India Development Debate: Alok Verma removed as CBI top boss Times Now
- CBI No. 2 Rakesh Asthana Faces Arrest, To Be Probed For Bribe, Says Court NDTV News
- Googleसमाचार पर पूरी खबर देखें
Former CBI Chief Alok Verma resigns after refusing to take charge as DG Fire Services. A high-powered committee, headed by PM Narendra Modi had transferred him, a day after he was reinstated by the SC.
Asthana’s primary contention, on the basis of Section 17A of Prevention of Corruption Act, was that the permission of the government was needed before filing an FIR against a public servant.
CBI special director Rakesh Asthana had sought quashing of FIR filed against him.
The never-ending drama and how it will impact investigations into some of the biggest cases under CBI, including political hot-potato Rafale controversy is what Supriya Shrinate is discussing on this IDD
Rakesh Asthana, the CBI Number 2, will be investigated in the bribery case, the Delhi High Court said today.The judge refused to cancel the case filed against Special Director Rakesh Asthana, CBI Deputy Superintendent Devender Kumar and alleged middleman Manoj Prasad, andalso removed the interim protection given to Mr Asthana against criminal proceedings.